Sunday, August 30, 2009

Benjamin Button

I just watched Benjamin Button, and this quote stuck in my head...

“Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” - Benjamin Button

Today, My fiancee and I missed an opportunity. An opportunity that started off Golden, and slowly faded. And when opportunity turned into to just a hope, then we prayed and prayed and prayed.....and hoped that God would answer our prayers the way that we wanted them answered. So, naturally, we were disappointed.

Disappointed, but it helped us realize our blessings. And just hours after disappointment, we have taken advantage of new opportunities that will arise from this event, and these blessings are sure to follow. I've got a good mind to believe that these blessings will follow quickly.

I thank God for the wisdom to see my blessing out of my disappointment, and a new definition of my life from this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment